Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Frustration. Waiting and waiting and waiting ... PETG

Tried to load PETG filament.

Limited or no sucess. PETG prints at same or a little lower than ABS so I loaded 1.5cm in the extruder and pressed "Load ABS". The temperature cycled between 225deg and 239deg never above when I was watching the printer. I left the workshop with the printer on and when I came back about 10 minutes later it suddenly began loading the filament, strange!

I then loaded my testprint from the SD-card and requested a print. I aborted the job after 10 minutes waiting :-(

PID tuning with a target temperature of 240 deg didn't help at all.

Next step. Replace the factory hotend with an e3d-v6 and try again.

Happy printing
Niels


PS: I don't understand the factory PID-numbers. The numbers I get from PIDtuning is way off the factory settings.

PPS: Maybe a Crazy Idea: The missing cooling fan. I have no need for adjustable LED light. Instead the output can be used to control a variable speed cooling fan. I'll dig into that during the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment